Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thoughtful Tuesdays : The Truth Shall Make You Free

We've reached the end folks. This is the last Thoughtful Tuesday post on Douglas Bloch series. It's been an insightful year with lots of learning on my part of it, and I sure did enjoy sharing it with you all! I wonder what my next blogging adventure will be about. If you have any ideas, or would like to share your experience with Thoughtful Tuesdays, leave a comment below! I love hearing from you all! Enjoy!

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

*Feel free to change the word 'God' to fit your belief system. I directly quoted Bloch's work.


The Truth Shall Make You Free

Listening to the inner voice means living a life of honesty and integrity. As Gandhi stated, "For me, God and truth are convertible terms. Devotion to the truth is the sole reason for my existence."

The truth is inescapable. There once was a wise teacher who gave of two men a chicken and told them to kill the chickens where no one else would see. The first man went behind the barn and killed his chicken. The second returned after three days with a live chicken. "Why didn't you kill the chicken?" the teacher asked. The man replied, "You told me to go where no one was looking, but everywhere I go, the chicken see." It is the same in our lives. We can deceive others and even our conscious mind, but everywhere we go our own God-self sees. 

Telling the truth to ourselves and others is liberating. Once you acknowledge the truth of a dysfunctional relationship, you can do something about it. Once you admit that you are powerless over an addiction, you can begin to threat it. If, however, you you deny the problem, there is no way to change it. This is the meaning of the saying, "You are only as sick as your secrets."

The great historian Cicero said, "Our minds possess by nature an insatiable desire to know the truth." Let us live, breathe, and speak this so that we may come to know the beauty and perfection of our inner divinity. 

Affirmations
1. I am honest with myself and with others.
2. I see the truth of what is.
3. I am willing to face the truth, even if it hurts.
4. The truth liberates and sets me free.
5. I release my old illusions and perceptions.
6. Your Own _______________



No comments:

Post a Comment