Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : The Power of a Made-up Mind

Oh I am taking today's blog excerpt straight to the bank! How often do I forget the true power of my own mind.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.


The Power of a Made-up Mind
Life responds not to what we wish or even to what we desire. Life responds to a made-up mind. The moment that you definitely commit yourself, then the Universe moves, too. Doors open for you that normally would have remained closed. A whole stream of events unfolds which leads to the desired outcome. 
One Christmas a woman wanted to take her children to see a performance of The Nutcracker ballet. Unfortunately, she did not have the money to purchase the tickets. Nonetheless, she was totally committed to seeing the show. She visualized the outcome  and affirmed that she would attend that evening's performance. Two hours before the show, a friend who worked as a tour guide called. He had just arrived in town to see The Nutcracker with his tour, but three clients could not attend. Would she and her children like to go?
Many would call this coincidence. Those who understand the workings of the Divine mind know that the woman's 100 percent intention to be at the show drew to her the good that she desired. The same can be true for you once you employ the power of a made-up mind.


Affirmations

         1. I now tap the power of a made-up mind.
         2. I choose  my goals and commit to them wholeheartedly.
         3. When I make up my mind, the Universe moves to support me. 
         4. I believe in my dream.
         5. My momentum is increasing every day. 
         6.  Your Own _____________________.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you u use affirmations at the end of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much. The affirmations I end my posts with on Thoughtful Tuesdays are actually from Douglas Bloch's book. I do use affirmations daily though, his, my own I've created and some inspired by others.

    ReplyDelete